My house is my favorite hobby, and the last six months I’ve been at work on my “Lady Room.”
One of the bedrooms is very small, and previously we used it as a guest room with a twin bed. I think we had two house guests in the three years we lived there, so it really didn’t get used very much. Pinterest inspired me to display my wedding dress, which led to the idea to turn the spare bedroom into a walk-in closet.
And it’s FINALLY finished!
Here’s a before shot. (Yes, that is golf wallpaper border. Ugh).
And here are my after photos:
I thrifted almost everything in the room. Here’s my grand total:
- Paint Supplies: $25
- Shelf Wood and Hardware: $35
- Baskets: $25 (for all three — 60% off at JoAnn’s!)
- Vanity Table: $20 at Goodwill (refinished with paint and supplies that were on hand)
- Vanity Chair: Free from a friend
- Dress form: $25 on Craigslist
- Mirror: $40 at Walmart
- Shoe Curio Cabinet: $100 on Craigslist
- Chair: $45 from local consignment shop
$315 Grand Total
I love this room so much. It is nice to start the day getting ready in my own space with no dude stuff in the way! And I love getting to see my wedding gown everyday. It’s so much nicer than stuffing it in a closet for all eternity. I have couple more small things to add — some hooks for inside the small closet (not pictured) to hang bags and belts. I may add a few small pieces of artwork to the walls, but I really enjoy the clutter-free look, so that’s only if I find something I can’t live without.